REQUIRED FOR October 2020
We are an outstanding Independent Prep School looking to appoint a dedicated and enthusiastic Individual Needs Assistant (INA) to join our school as part of our SEND Team. This position is to support one of our enthusiastic children in Year 5. The hours will be from five mornings a week, up to four and a half days – this is negotiable for the right candidate.
The successful candidate will be an experienced SEN teaching assistant/INA, who has the skills and, ideally, associated training to support children with Social, Emotional and Behavioural Difficulties, ASD (and associated PDA) and ADHD. The child requires a special individual who is patient, resilient and calm, but who can also offer consistent and reliable support. You would be expected to support this young person during some lunchtimes, having your own meal at an seperate time. This will be a fixed term role linked to funding received. Working hours to be negotiated.
We are looking for someone who:
- Truly enjoys working with children and is completely motivated by the desire to support them in reaching their full potential
- Has previous experience of and a passion for working with children with ASD and ADHD
- Has experience of providing Sensory Circuits and/or movement breaks
- Can provide strong but kind boundaries
- Is able to foresee and de-escalate difficult behaviours quickly
- Is able to think creatively when finding solutions and problem solving
- Is caring, kind and friendly to all
- Can work as part of a team: including both the wider school community and external agencies
- Is committed to on-going professional development
- Experience and enjoyment of Forest School would be beneficial
The role will be to support this pupil in all areas of the curriculum, in and outside of the classroom, as well as carry out interventions and programmes recommended by outside agencies.
This is a temporary fixed term contract linked to the child.
Closing date for applications: Midday, Friday 23rd October 2020
Please apply to Elaine Hickman, SENDCo – Claremont Prep School, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information and details of how to apply, please download the attached documents.