Since its founding in 2011, Claremont Senior School has grown its pupil roll from 40 to over 330 today and over 700 students across both sites. This exponential increase in pupil numbers saw Giles Perrin, former and founding Head of Claremont Senior School, become Principal across both school sites and in his place, former Deputy Head, Ed Dickie move into the role of Head of Seniors. Having met at university and worked together at Bedes Senior School prior to joining Claremont, Giles and Ed are already a formidable force with many years experience in driving high standards of teaching and learning.
We have high expectations and big ambitions for the future and with demand for pupil places across both sites on the increase and a management team strengthened and primed to drive the School ever forward, Claremont’s new partnership with ISP has come at an exciting time, and with it, significant investment in the School’s facilities.
We are extremely fortunate to have the space across both of our sites to design some truly innovative new buildings, with significant work already underway and many new projects just around the corner. The £3.5million ‘Octagon Project’ will see the complete redevelopment of our Bodiam site to include the creation of several new classrooms and a state of the art Science laboratory and Art Room. ”A new Dance Studio and Music Department will enhance our already impressive Creative Arts provision and with all these projects due for completion in Summer 2019, students up and down the school will soon be making the most of their wonderful new learning environments. We believe that investment in the Arts is crucial if we are to help young people develop core life skills that will endure beyond the classroom so we are particularly excited about the new Dance, Music and Art Departments.
Founded in 1925 and located in 125 acres of beautiful grounds and woodlands, near the historic town of Battle, our Prep School has been a centre of outstanding learning for generations of children throughout East Sussex and surrounding areas. The main house was designed by the architect Norman Shaw in 1888 and is steeped in history. A recently approved £4.8 million, multi-phase, site development programme at this beautiful and expansive site will see significant improvements to existing buildings, teaching and learning spaces and general infrastructure. This development programme at the Prep School site is all the more exciting and timely as we look ahead to our School’s centenary celebrations in 2025.