Claremont has a state-of-the-art boarding house with newly refurbished facilities and brand-new equipment for up to 50 students. Situated in the historic town of Battle, adjacent to the English Heritage site of the Battle of Hastings and just a five minute walk from Battle railway station.
Some of the main features of boarding at Claremont School are as follows:
- Male and female boarding for UK and overseas students from the age of 11 to 18 years of age.
- 50 boarding places, 27 male and 23 female overseas students to represent no more than 10% of the entire student roll.
- English as the common language both in the boarding house and at school.
- The high standard of accommodation is attractive to students: most are en-suite dormitories with no more than four students per room but also single room occupancy.
- Large common room and gardens and grounds extending to over 2 hectares, student kitchen facilities, en-suite.
- Many organised extra-curricular activities for all pupils but optional for Sixth Formers.
- Wi-Fi throughout the boarding house and in every room, with controls set by the school to forbid access to inappropriate sites.
- Large well-equipped common room with large screen TV.
- Breakfast and Dinner at the boarding house.
- Highly Experienced staff
- Weekend use of the extensive school facilities including swimming pool, sport centre, gym, music facilities and theatre
- All overseas boarders require a UK-based Guardian who can be arranged by the agent or parents of the boarders. The school can also facilitate this.
Our boarding staff can arrange transport via taxi or minibus for all overseas students for airport arrivals and departures, providing sufficient notice is given.